VNC Server isn't closing connection after use ?

James [Wez] Weatherall jnw "at"
Tue, 21 Jul 1998 17:05:52 +0000

On Mon, 13 Jul 1998, Mein Name wrote:

> >> We think it might be a problem with the vnc 3.3.1 rel. 13 Server,
> >> which doesn't terminate the ip connection properly after use.
> >When you say "doesn't terminate the IP connection properly after use",
> >what do you mean?  You mean when a viewer exits, or when WinVNC quits?
> We think that the VNC Server is sending some Data to the client, when the
> Connection should be terminated.

Yes, but what was the cause of the connection being terminated?  The
server being shut down or the remote client quitting?

James "Wez" Weatherall
Tel : Work - 343000

The VNC mailing list     -   see