vncviewer: read failed

James [Wez] Weatherall jnw "at"
Mon, 20 Jul 1998 10:49:22 +0000

On Mon, 20 Jul 1998, Simon Byles wrote:

> I've found that logging out will kill the connection. Does anyone know
> how I can change NT4's Default user screen settings to match my
> settings? Default user (the login) is 16-bit 800x600 and mine is 8-bit.
> I've poked about in the registry but nothing seems to change the Default
> user's display settings.
> I'm using VNC now to log in to our main NT server so I don't feel safe
> logging out without restarting the VNC Viewer to check it really logged
> out. :)

Having the same settings for both won't actually help in this case.
Unfortunately, Windows NT always sends a "screen settings changed" message
to WinVNC when logging out, regardless of whether anything has actually
changed.  So you'd get kicked off anyway!

James "Wez" Weatherall
Tel : Work - 343000

The VNC mailing list     -   see