VNC Server isn't closing connection after use ?

Mon, 20 Jul 1998 10:28:18 +0000

On Sun, 12 Jul 1998, Mein Name wrote:

> we had some problems with two of our isdn routers.
> The incalling router is hangig up after the timeout, but
> is calling in at once again.
>
> We think it might be a problem with the vnc 3.3.1 rel. 13 Server,
> which doesn't terminate the ip connection properly after use.
>
> Has anybody heard about that sort of problem ?

I haven't encounter such problems.  You might like to update to version
3.3.2, which is the currently available version, or update to 3.3.2 R2
when it comes out in a few days time, and see if that helps.

I don't recall there being any problems like this reported before, though.
When you say "doesn't terminate the IP connection properly after use",
what do you mean?  You mean when a viewer exits, or when WinVNC quits?

Cheers,

James "Wez" Weatherall
Tel : Work - 343000