WinVNC doesn't work on NT sp3, any ideas?

Mon, 20 Jul 1998 10:15:51 +0000

On Sat, 18 Jul 1998, Berend de Boer wrote:

> On Friday, July 17, 1998 10:34 PM, Oliver Carl [SMTP:ocarl_b "at" hico.ch] wrote:
>

> > Don't blame it on sp3op4! :-) Works fine with me... Seriously:
>
> it works here too now. i think i continually typed in the wrong hostname
> for this machine somehow ))-:

If you were running WinVNC as a service on the NT machine, it's more
likely that you typed winvnc -install but didn't type net start winvnc, so
it wasn't running when you first tried to connect it.  The behaviour
differs for -install, between Win95 and NT.

Cheers,

James "Wez" Weatherall
Tel : Work - 343000