WinVNC doesn't work on NT sp3, any ideas?

Oliver Carl ocarl_b "at" hico.ch
Fri, 17 Jul 1998 21:38:41 +0000

Hi Berend

Don't blame it on sp3op4! :-) Works fine with me... Seriously:

Have you tried reinstalling?

Are you running VNC as a service or in foreground (default installation)?

Type "netstat -a" in a DosBox. You should see the lines
  TCP    yourhostname:5900            0.0.0.0:0              LISTENING
and
  TCP    yourhostname:5800            0.0.0.0:0              LISTENING
(these are the default ports). Maybe you see some other LISTENING ports (not
135 and 10xx)? These could be from VNC. Try to telnet them.

Sorry, no more ideas. Hopefully not completely useless.

Groetjes, (this is from the Netherlands, I suppose?)

Oliver