How do I control-alt-delete from a unix viewer?

Sean McGrath sean "at" hdl.ie
Fri, 17 Jul 1998 09:44:45 +0000

Somehow sdwormley "at" ucdavis.edu wrote:
!-
!- What I did to make sure I never tried ctrl-alt-del for a VNC session(since
!- my personal system is set to always allow control-alt-del for a clean
!- reboot) I hacked the viewer to remap control-alt-insert to control-alt-del
!- so that I'd never have the urge to do the wrong thing.
!-
!- (If anyone wants the 'patch' let me know, it's one whole line that just
!- checks if the control and alt modifiers are set and we get an Insert then
!- we send a delete)(Probably could get it to remap KP_Delete as well)
!-
!- (I suspect a better idea might be to build a keyboard remapping table for
!- this kind of thing, instead of hardcoding it)
!-

   What about middle button on unix viewers ?  I'm on a HPUX box and dont
   have a delete key or an alt key as such (backspace and meta keys instead).
   So I hard coded in the ctrl-alt-del sequence in.  Now my middle mouse
   button can send the sequence.  Works fine.

!-
!- -Steve
!-
!- --
!-                   Steve Wormley - sdwormley "at" ucdavis.edu
!-                                Network Manager
!-         University Relations-Development and Advancement Services
!-                                +1 530 757 3374
!-
!-
!-

Sean.