Mouse and left handed people

Thu, 16 Jul 1998 17:57:47 +0000

On Thu, 9 Jul 1998, John SERAPHIN wrote:

> I'm using VNC 3.3.2 viewer (on an NT4 client).
> Since I'm left handed, I've switched the mouse buttons.
>
> It seems that the viewer (be it the exe or the Java one)
> ignores that and keeps the standard settings for the mouse.
>
> Cheers.
>
> --John
>
> P.S. The mouse buttons ARE switched too on the server
> (another NT4 box).

If you set one machine (the server, say) to use the normal mouse button
arrangement but set the client machine to use the switched arrangement,
then does that work?

>From the above, my immediate thought is that the buttons are swapped by
the client machine, passed to the server machine and then swapped again
before being processed.

Cheers,

James "Wez" Weatherall
Tel : Work - 343000