How do I control-alt-delete from a unix viewer?

Mac Reiter MacReiter "at" bigfoot.com
Thu, 16 Jul 1998 15:39:47 +0000

Just a note.  All this pressing Ctrl-Alt-Delete on Linux makes me kinda
nervous.  I realize it is trapped for normal users, BUT:

If you are _root_, pressing Ctrl-Alt-Del executes a "shutdown -r now"
without asking, no matter what app is up.

Since I frequently find myself running as root (I know, bad practice, but I
stay careful, and there's nothing critical on the machine), I would really
prefer having some other way to send CAD than pressing that sequence...

Mac Reiter