How do I control-alt-delete from a unix viewer?

Thu, 16 Jul 1998 14:01:16 +0000

On Thu, 16 Jul 1998, Bunicula wrote:

> On Thu, 16 Jul 1998, James [Wez] Weatherall wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 15 Jul 1998, Neal M Gafter wrote:
> >
> > > Hitting the keys control-alt-delete doesn't work from my unix vncviewer
> > > client viewing a windows server.  The windows client has a menu item to
> > > send control-alt-delete; is there anything equivalent for the unix
> > > client?
> >
> > Which Windows platform are you trying to Ctrl-Alt-Delete to?
>
> I was just about to post the same question: In my case it was WinNT 4.0,
> from the Linux viewer. The screen saver had locked, and I couldn't
> figure out how to unlock it :)

Which Del key are you using when trying to generate the Ctrl-Alt-Del?  I'm
told that _only_ the one above the cursor keys works.  Backspace and the
del on the numeric keypad won't work.  You could use xev to find out what
the Del key you're using produces.

Cheers,

James "Wez" Weatherall
Tel : Work - 343000