Comment on VNC passwords

Joel L. Seber - Engineering Workstation Lab Manager JLSEBER "at" tntech.edu
Wed, 15 Jul 1998 01:51:21 +0000

Just a quick comment: I feel there should be a choice as to verification by the
native password base vs. localized passwords as you may well want to limit
access to the program and its facilities for administrative purposes.
Being able to limit access to a system through localized passwords allows
the administrator to control who gets access to systems remotely, which is
something I need to be able to do.  Giving a choice at install time would
give the maximum flexibility to the administrator.  At the least, there
should be some control provided as to giving remote access or not for
security reasons, even if they are allowed to work on the console.

Please consider,

Joel L. Seber                           | Dry humor is wasted around here.
Engineering Workstation Lab Manager     |    -Joel L. Seber
Center for Manufacturing Research       |
      and Technology Utilization        | recursive, adj.
Tennessee Technological University      |     See 'recursive'
Box 5077 Brown Hall                     |
Cookeville, TN  38505                   | What if there were no hypothetical
jlseber "at" tntech.edu                      |   situations?     -Steven Wright
more info:                              |
   finger: jlseber "at" gemini.tntech.edu    | Who, me?   -Alfred E. Newman
   voice:  (931) 372-3734               |
   fax:    (931) 372-6345               | It is bad luck to be superstitious.