Pbs with NT 3.51 (newbie)

John SERAPHIN John.Seraphin "at" ratp.fr
Tue, 07 Jul 1998 17:09:32 +0000

De : 	James [Wez] Weatherall
Date=A0:	mardi 7 juillet 1998 17:01
A :	John SERAPHIN
Cc :	'vnc-list "at" orl.co.uk'
Objet :	RE: Pbs with NT4 and 3.51 (newbie)

On Tue, 7 Jul 1998, John SERAPHIN wrote:

...=20
>> Is that "normal" too ?

>I think so.  It appears that 3.51 doesn't support the required access
>priveliges to desktops other than the Default one, which means that the
>screen saver and logon prompt desktops tend to cause problems.  This is
>why I haven't spent more time trying to fix the Ctrl-Alt-Del problem on
>3.51.

Weird.
I'm running FTP-ServU and Fictional Telnet daemon on that 3.51
box and have installed them both via srvany as services.
They work ok even when nobody's logged.

...but I don't know the arcanes of NT programming
so I'm not really aware of the difficulty of the current problem.

Cheers.

--John