Pbs with NT4 and 3.51 (newbie)

John SERAPHIN John.Seraphin "at" ratp.fr
Tue, 07 Jul 1998 16:00:02 +0000

----------
De : 	James [Wez] Weatherall
Date=A0:	mardi 7 juillet 1998 15:58
A :	John SERAPHIN
Cc :	'vnc-list "at" orl.co.uk'
Objet :	Re: Pbs with NT4 and 3.51 (newbie)

On Tue, 7 Jul 1998, John SERAPHIN wrote:

>> Hi,
>> I've installed  VNC 3.3.2 on two NT servers (3.51 sp5 & 4 sp3).
>> I installed them as services (using the -install option).
>>=20
>> I'm facing two problems however (using either a Netscape
>> browser or the viewer, from an NT workstation) :
>>=20
>> 1- The "Send Ctrl+Alt+Del" option doesn't work.
>> ie I'm unable to unlock the screen saver...

> This will be the case under NT 3.51 - The Ctrl-Alt-Del code will work =
only
> on NT 4.0.

>> 2- I'm unable to connect if there is no user connected
>> on the NT server.

> Which machine does this apply to?  Or does it apply to both?

After tons of intall/uninstall/reboots I've got the NT4
server runnning:
I  can now log on even if nobody is logged on
AND use the CTRL+ALT+DEL option.

I'll stop trying C+A+D on the 3.51 server since
this is a known pb.

I'm However unable to connect to the 3.51 server
if nobody is logged in (I tried it on two 3.51 servers).

Is that "normal" too ?

--John