Solaris / "L" key

John M. Klassa klassa "at" aur.alcatel.com
Tue, 07 Jul 1998 15:40:32 +0000

Just found "vnc"...  *Awesome*!

I found one snag, though, and couldn't find a mention (or fix) in
the mailing list archives (or in the FAQ).  The FAQ mentions key
problems, wherein a modifier key gets "stuck" because the key-up event
is lost.  I don't think that's the case here, as (a) it's only one key
that's affected, and (b) I've tried every modifier key (per the FAQ's
suggestion) to no avail.

What I'm seeing is that the "L" key doesn't work, in any capacity (as
"l", "L", "C-l" or whatever).  I'm running the server under "SunOS
aursgh 5.5.1 Generic_103640-18 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-2", using the
default options (i.e. I just run "vncserver").  The odd behavior occurs
under both the Solaris and Win95 viewers.

Is this a known problem?  Is there a fix?

--
John Klassa / Alcatel Telecom / Raleigh, NC, USA <><