VNC video

Quentin Stafford-Fraser quentin "at" orl.co.uk
Thu, 02 Jul 1998 23:11:15 +0000

For a bit of fun I've encoded our VNC 'publicity' video as a RealVideo file.

We don't have a proper streaming server set up here yet, but you can
download the files from ftp://ftp.orl.co.uk/pub/vnc .

Note that these are *very* low quality video, intended to be streamed over a
modem. You're getting 8 minutes of video in a couple of megabytes, after
all!  You'll need the latest version of RealPlayer (5.0) to view them. It's
available from www.real.com.

The files are vnc-28k.rm (1.6M) and vnc-56k.rm (2.7M).  The latter is higher
resolution and with better sound, though has a slightly lower video frame
rate.

Enjoy...
Quentin

------
Dr Quentin Stafford-Fraser
ORL - The Olivetti & Oracle Research Lab
http://www.orl.co.uk/~qsf