VNC ....

Thu, 02 Jul 1998 09:58:40 +0000

On Wed, 1 Jul 1998, Alan Piszcz 'peesh' wrote:

> I have had VNC running as a service on an NT platform.
> I recently noticed (today) after about two weeks of continuous
> operation (even on NT) that VNC started acting strange. I can
> still login and get the initial screen however no new events
> from the client make it to the NT applications/desktop.

Ok.  The obvious things to check are that no modifier keys are stuck at
the server end (this sometimes happens with old versions of the client)
and that the display updates if you move the cursor locally and view
remotely.

> I've restarted the client a few times and still no effects from
> the client mouse/keyboard.

But other programs running on the same client machine work fine?  How
about when you view the server using the Java viewer?  How about when you
view it from different client machines?

Cheers,

James "Wez" Weatherall
Tel : Work - 343000