How to use WinVNC for a single application-server (Again) ?

Wed, 01 Jul 1998 11:25:59 +0000

On Tue, 30 Jun 1998 gael.mace "at" wago.de wrote:

>      Hello,
>
>      even it is purely a proof-of-concept, let me come back with my
>      question :
>
>           Is it possible to integrate VNCServer in an application in
> order
>           to display remotely only the application's windows and not all
>           the desktop of Windows NT 4.0 (in my case) or the X environment ?

Remoting existing Windows apps individually is very hard for various
reasons.  Writing your own programs that output VNC data is much easier.
I'm not sure of how easy remoting a single X app would be but it's
probably easier just to run it on a plain Xvnc desktop without a window
manager that to actually write a special VNC server to do it.

Cheers,

James "Wez" Weatherall
Tel : Work - 343000