restrict changing password

Larry Burns lburns "at" imagetechcorp.com
Thu, 31 Dec 1998 18:09:32 +0000

You are not doing anything wrong.  When using WIN95 or WIN98 you have no
security on the workstation.  What is being referred to in the documentation
is the ability to have different user settings for the desktop.  Unlike an
NT 4.0 system you cannot set permissions (sharing) on the file system or
restrict access to programs.  The only sharing you can control is access
across the network.

If you are using this in a show and tell type of environment you can disable
the remote Keyboard and pointer inputs.  You can do this remotely when you
first login and all subsequent connections well be view only.  Remember that
if you logout and don't change the setting back you well be in view mode
next time you login.