restrict changing password

Allen P. Guyer aguyer "at" wsu.edu
Thu, 31 Dec 1998 00:02:11 +0000

After editing the registry and setting "AllowProperties" & "AllowShutdown"
to 0,  when trying to connect I get the following message, "This server
does not have a valid password enabled.  Until a password is set, incoming
connections cannot be accepted."  I edited the registry and added
AuthRequired with value 0, which, as expected no longer required a password
and allowed me to log in.  The docs said that when Win95 "is set to use
different setting for each user then the setting used are those of the
currently logged in user."  Well, under Control Panel\Passwords\User
Profiles: "All users of this PC use the same preferences and desktop
settings.", is selected.  So, what am I doing wrong?  Oh, ya, the goal is
to restrict our users (students) from changing the password.

help us, help you...  help us, help YOU...  HELP US, HELP YOU!!!