DHCP woes

Scott Dudley scottd "at" goodnet.com
Wed, 30 Dec 1998 21:43:31 +0000

Mike,

I haven't tested the following with the Win-based vnc but I think it should
work.  At work, I've setup a DHCP server supplying IP's to approximately 150
clients.  On the same Linux box I have running Samba's WINS server (nmbd).  I
have the ISC DHCP server hand this WINS address to the clients.  They are
then able to reslove names via WINS (netbios name resolution) much like DNS.
They can ping, telnet, ftp, etc as long as the machine to which they're
connecting is known to the WINS server.

--
Regards,

Scott Dudley