Compiling Source Code

gbreland@healthtech.net gbreland "at" healthtech.net
Wed, 30 Dec 1998 14:47:45 +0000

Has anyone compiled the server source under Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0
yet?  I tried and got a fatal error in VNCHooks.cpp for the line:

hInstance = hInst;

This is the error code I got

--------------------Configuration: VNCHooks - Win32
No_CORBA--------------------
Compiling...
VNCHooks.cpp
D:\VNC\VNCcode\winvnc\VNCHooks\VNCHooks.cpp(101) : error C2440: '=' :
cannot convert from 'void *' to 'struct HINSTANCE__ *'
        Conversion from 'void*' to pointer to non-'void' requires an
explicit cast
Error executing cl.exe.

VNCHooks.dll - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

I cannot seem to figure this out.  If I have to, I can reinstall Visual
C++ 5.0 on another machine, but 6.0 should be able to compile the
source.  I have not tried the client sources yet, but I suspect I will
get the same error there too.