Problem connecting to locked NT box

FRANK PAPA FPAPA "at" email.usps.gov
Tue, 29 Dec 1998 17:09:17 +0000

=0A     Yeah, that's what that message means.  The guy who was having t=
his
     problem didn't know about installing it as a service.  When I aske=
     him if he did it the first tiem, he said "yeah".  Then the second =
time
     I asked him, he didn't know what I was talking about.  Sorry to ha=
ve
     bothered the list.  But, I'm still waiting on a big fix/resolution=

     when caps lock is on on the server box.... (ahem)... :)

                                                        -Frank

______________________________ Forward Header _________________________=
_________
Subject: RE: Problem connecting to locked NT box
Author:  owner-vnc-list "at" orl.co.uk at INTERNET
Date:    12/29/98 11:51 AM

I had the same problem.  After reading the FAQ's, I found out that VNC
has to be running as a service in order to be able to run in locked out=

mode.  Also, you have to make sure that no resolution changes take plac=
after unlocking the NT box.  This happens when you boot up in say
640x480 and then change to another resolution, say 800x600.  When you
lockout the NT box, the Lockout screen reverts back to the bootup
resolution of 640x480 and this will disconnect you from VNC.  At least,=

that is what the FAQ says.  I don't understand why it disconnects you, =
would think you could modify the program to reset the viewer with a new=

resolution.

BTW, I am new to the list and look forward to talking to everyone about=

new ideas for VNC.

     Greg Breland