Problem connecting to locked NT box

gbreland@healthtech.net gbreland "at" healthtech.net
Tue, 29 Dec 1998 16:36:05 +0000

I had the same problem.  After reading the FAQ's, I found out that VNC
has to be running as a service in order to be able to run in locked out
mode.  Also, you have to make sure that no resolution changes take place
after unlocking the NT box.  This happens when you boot up in say
640x480 and then change to another resolution, say 800x600.  When you
lockout the NT box, the Lockout screen reverts back to the bootup
resolution of 640x480 and this will disconnect you from VNC.  At least,
that is what the FAQ says.  I don't understand why it disconnects you, I
would think you could modify the program to reset the viewer with a new
resolution.

BTW, I am new to the list and look forward to talking to everyone about
new ideas for VNC.

	Greg Breland

-----Original Message-----
From: FRANK PAPA [mailto:FPAPA "at" email.usps.gov]
Sent: Tuesday, December 29, 1998 10:41 AM
To: - (052)vnc-list(a)orl.co.uk
Subject: Problem connecting to locked NT box

     I'm using the latest version of VNC client and server, and I'm
having
     trouble connecting to a locked NT box.  If it's locked, immediately
     after entering the password, I get the message "connection closed."
     However, it works fine if the server is unlocked and logged in.
Any
     ideas?  I've never seen this before.

                                                Thanks, Frank