FW: video crash

Brian Hearn brian "at" ImagerSoft.com
Thu, 24 Dec 1998 14:44:03 +0000

Jonathan--
Do you know if your machines are using the same onboard video hardware
(CL-GD54xx)?
Have you tried SP4 on any of your machines?
Thanks.

Happy Holidays.
--Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: Jonathan Marsden [mailto:Jonathan "at" XC.Org]
Sent: Wednesday, December 23, 1998 8:36 PM
To: vnc-list "at" orl.co.uk
Subject: Re: FW: video crash

On 23 Dec 1998, Brian Hearn writes:

>> Has anyone had any experience with the following?:
>>
>> On Gateway Servers (ALR Series - which use an integrated, on-board
>> Cirrus Logic CL-GD54xx) the machines periodically crash: the screen
>> goes black and the monitor switches to 'disconnected' - as if you
>> unplugged the monitor. This happens every few minutes of heavy VNC
>> use. The only way to recover is via a cold-boot. It makes no
>> difference whether or not you run VNC as a service.
>>
>> The machines are running NT 4.0 SP4, crash occurs at any resolution
>> (even tried switching to generic VGA driver).

I'm running VNC on two ALR 2XL servers, NT4.0, SP3, no problem fitting
this description has been seen here.

Jonathan
--
Jonathan Marsden   | Internet: jonathan "at" xc.org  | Making electronic
1849 N. Wabash Ave.| Phone: +1 (909) 794 1151   | communications work

USA                | http://www.xc.org/jonathan | missions worldwide