newbie: shared-viewing

Randy Heiland heiland "at" ncsa.uiuc.edu
Tue, 22 Dec 1998 19:03:13 +0000

Can someone expedite my understanding of things...
I want to display an application on my (SGI) X wkst and "share" it with
a person on a PC.  I've successfully installed VNC and ran the sample
server/client, but, of course, the server app (defined in ~/.vnc/xstartup)
doesn't actually *appear* on my wkst.  How do I remedy this?

E.g., I have an OpenGL application that I want to interact with and have the
person at the PC being able to see what I'm doing (and, optionally, be able
to interact with the app himself)

thank you,
Randy (heiland "at" ncsa.uiuc.edu)