Can I disable server inputs?

Carroll, Patrick S psc59782 "at" glaxowellcome.com
Mon, 21 Dec 1998 15:14:22 +0000

Well,

This is a possible issue for machines other than servers.  We are using VNC
to remotely control Laboratory instrumentation from our desktop, saves a
bunch of time running back and forth [Thanks ORL! :) ].  Some users are
concerned that people could eaves-drop on a remote login.  It would be nice
(for many VNC platforms) for there to be server-side and client-side options
for...

	[ ] Blanking out the remote screen (client-side option)
	[ ] Disable local remote-computer keyboard and mouse (client-side
option)

	[ ] Allowing remote client to enable screen blanking (server-side
option)
	[ ] Allowing remote client to enable disable of local keyboard and
mouse (server-side option)

This wouldn't do much for UNIX, but would be great for Windows and Macintosh
machines.

Thanks,
Patrick Carroll
Instrument Technical Support
ASci Automation
Office: 483-7124  International: 703-7124 Mobile Phone: 272-5692
Text Pager: http://griwww.glaxo.com/src/personalPages/show/psc59782
Unsecure Personal Email: mailto:Patrick.S.Carroll "at" gte.net