Problems with VNCServer on NT

Phil Nelson phil "at"
Fri, 18 Dec 1998 16:48:33 +0000

>Has anyone experienced the same problem ad I have had ? As far as I can see
>from the mails on this mailinglist no one has reported this "feature" !!

Well, here is my experience with WinVNC on an NT box with SP3 installed:

  a) When run as a program (not a service) by a non-administrator user,
     when the screen saver blanked the screen, it also killed all user
     processes currently running.

  b) When run as a service, it worked much better with the screen saver.

  c) My X window viewer on a SUN didn't display anything after asking for
     the password and making a connection.  I could reach it with netscape
     and java.

  Versions: WinVNC 3.3.2r5  Xviewer: 3.3.2.r3

Phil Nelson                    NetBSD:
e-mail: phil "at"        !gifs:

The VNC mailing list     -   see