VNC on Linux Kernel 2.0 (Slackware)

Mitch Urquhart mitch "at" kinley.com
Fri, 18 Dec 1998 11:39:18 +0000

I'm a VNC newbie, but maybe I can help.
... When you start VNC from the /usr/local directory, what messages do you
see.  Do you see some messages about logging, or anything else ?   What
username are you when you crank up VNC (root ... other...? )  Have you
looked in "/home/user-name/.vnc"  directory for some logfiles ?

    I think once you get up and connected you'll find VNC a pretty killer
tool.   I run all kinds of X apps on my linux box at work from my Win95 box
at home.. works great !  Saves me alot of trips to work.
 ...mitch