Problems getting Xvnc started - missing .Xresources?

Mark Warnes mark.warnes "at" warwick.ac.uk
Thu, 17 Dec 1998 17:45:14 +0000

Hello,

I'm having trouble getting Xvnc to start (through using vncserver).

vncserver goes through its motions and reports a correct location for the
log file, but when I look in the log file it tells me:

xrdb: Interrupted system call
xrdb: Could not open display 'primrose:1'

Having looked in my files and at the vncserver script, I can see that I'm
missing a '.Xresources' file. Could this be causing the problem? And if so,
does anyone have a "typical" example of the .Xresources file that I could
try?

I'm trying to use Xvnc on Solaris from a Power Mac. The VNC viewer on the
Mac appears to be working fine - it's the server application at the Solaris
end that's letting me down.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice/tips.

Regards,

Mark

--
Mark Warnes