VNC on Linux slackware 2.0

Mario E Mira mariom "at" hooked.net
Thu, 17 Dec 1998 17:41:03 +0000

--------------D1500FDA5C479E44B1DD62FB

Hello fellow VNC users.
I am sorry to ask or post this question  that probably it's been ask a
lots of times but I am new to VNC. It's a nice program and I really want
to use it to logon from my PC to the Linux box.

I need some help with vnc on my Linux box. I am running kernel 2.0, it's

slackware flavor. I untar the the binary and got installed on
/usr/local.

Now my problem is that when I start the command vncserver, I can not see

to go anywhere, I do a ps to see all processes and I can see them but
they disappear for some reason that I can understand. How can I get the
vncserver command to start the processes and those processes stay on if
I am going to be able to access the Linux bos from MY PC??.

When I attempt to logon from my PC I get the error " failed to connect
to server".
I have gone through the FAQ's but still can not get it to work.

Could anybody help me... please ... maybe there is a written procedure
or check list that I can have to follow and make sure I get this
running.

Thanks.
Mario Mira
ABM Industries.

--------------D1500FDA5C479E44B1DD62FB

<HTML>
Hello fellow VNC users.
<BR>I am sorry to ask or post this question&nbsp; that probably it's been
ask a lots of times but I am new to VNC. It's a nice program and I really
want to use it to logon from my PC to the Linux box.

<P>I need some help with vnc on my Linux box. I am running kernel 2.0,
it's
<BR>slackware flavor. I untar the the binary and got installed on
<BR>/usr/local.

<P><B>Now my problem</B> is that when I start the command vncserver, I
can not see
<BR>to go anywhere, I do a ps to see all processes and I can see them but
<BR>they disappear for some reason that I can understand. How can I get
the
<BR>vncserver command to start the processes and those processes stay on
if
<BR>I am going to be able to access the Linux bos from MY PC??.

<P>When I attempt to logon from my PC I get the error " failed to connect
<BR>to server".
<BR>I have gone through the FAQ's but still can not get it to work.

<P>Could anybody help me... please ... maybe there is a written procedure
<BR>or check list that I can have to follow and make sure I get this
<BR>running.

<P>Thanks.
<BR>Mario Mira
<BR>ABM Industries.