Win95 routing or port redirecting

Stephen A. Wood sawecw "at" bigfoot.com
Thu, 17 Dec 1998 15:05:06 +0000

I would like to thank everyone for the great suggestions on how to
display a Linux VNC X server on a W95 VNC client (laptop), using a
wireless networking card (IBM Wireless LAN Entry) that does not have
Linux support.

I'll summarize some of the suggestions, in no particular order

1.  Get Win98 because routing is not broken as it is in W95.
2.  Use Winroute, Winproxy, or Wingate.
3.  Use a free version of ssh for windows to do port redirection
4.  Get a "base station" for the wireless.
5.  Run DOS and NOS on some old hardware

Unless I learn how to do simple routing in W95, I'll probably implement
the ssh solution.  If work on the Linux drivers for the cards doesn't
progress, then I'll probably build a dedicated DOS router box.

					Thanks, Steve

My original message: