Win95 routing or port redirecting

Sean Mathews mathewss "at" nutech.com
Wed, 16 Dec 1998 18:58:48 +0000

 My suggestion is to use Jnos or ka9q on an old 486 box
with 2 meg of ram. You will find the needed dos drivers
for your nic cards as i have found at least all nic cards
i have ever used be it wireless or not have a dos driver.
Nos(ka9q) will allow you to setup a router to your physical
net from your radio net. Its not umm some point and click
install i will warn you. It does require some understanding
of basic routing concepts and some psudo unix understanding.

          _______________subnet A_____________
 Net --- | Linux Machine |---|---|W95 Desktop|
          ---------------    |   -------------

                        _____|______               __________
                        |NOS/router|. . . . . . . |W95 Laptop|
                        ------------  subnet B     ----------

 ka9q will work on a 286 or better with 1-2 megs of ram.
on a computer with only a dos boot floppy. I oftin also
use nos as a ppp gateway to get a subnet from a dialin
isp.

 Regards
  Sean Mathews Nu Tech CTO

struct SoftwareProfessional {