Ctrl-Alt-Del command not working so well

plough@ixlmemphis.com plough "at" ixlmemphis.com
Wed, 16 Dec 1998 16:52:26 +0000

Hey guys.. new to the list and hope I can contribute some in the future,
but now I'm needing a little help.

I am running a mostly NT network w/ a few NT servers in place. For a
temporary time I'm using VNC to access my servers, which are located in a
secured room that is a real pain for me to gain access to until a new
security system is put into place.

My trouble is that when I try to access one of my servers via the VNC
viewer, it is not sending the Ctrl-Alt-Del command to my server for some
reason. I have VNC started as a service, and it will authenticate my
password so that it will brin gup the screen and I can see the Ctrl-Alt-Del
prompt bouncing around, but when I tell my viewer to send one nothing changes.

Have I missed somethign in the documentation? What could be stopping that
signal from getting through? Thanks in advance for your help!