Set Client Size - I want a Thumbnail of Server

Tim Hauber Tim_Hauber "at" STEV.net
Wed, 16 Dec 1998 16:31:07 +0000

vnc-list "at" orl.co.uk,Internet writes:
>Is it possible to set the entire client size?
>Let's say that I have a server that is running on a machine with 1280 by
>1024. And the Client (Viewer) has a resolution of 1024 by 768.  I want to
>view the entire screen of the server's comuter.  Can I set the a window to
>view the entire screen but keep that window the size of 640 by 480.  I
>want
>like a thumbnail of the server.  Also because this requires less
>information, this could also improve performance on the Server.
>
>Thanks,
>Jay Westerdal

The Mac client has a "fit to window" option, it's a little rough because
it's a first beta, but it works.

Tim Hauber, Southern Tier Electronic Valley

"Proximity to wonder has blunted our perception and appreciation of it"
--Tim Hartnell in 'Exploring ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE on your Commodore 64'