Microsoft Proxy and VNC

Wed, 16 Dec 1998 14:02:28 +0000

On Wed, 16 Dec 1998, Kroh, Scott wrote:

> Then the MS Proxy Server passes the data through using the 5631 Port.
>
> Is there a similar way to setup VNC so that I can hold a VNC session and
> allow the Proxy Server to be able to access a host sitting on the Intranet
> side of my Proxy Server?

You can edit the WinVNC "PortNo" registry setting to explicitely set which
port WinVNC should use.  Remember to disable AutoPortSelect first, though,
otherwise this will be overridden.

Cheers,

James "Wez" Weatherall
--
Olivetti & Oracle Research Laboratory, Cambridge, UK - Tel : 343000
Laboratory for Communications Engineering, Cambridge - Tel : -