VNC on Linux Kernel 2.0 (Slackware)

Mario E Mira mariom "at" hooked.net
Tue, 15 Dec 1998 20:06:31 +0000

Hello there Gentlemans...

I need some help with vnc on my Linux box. I am running kernel 2.0, it's
slackware flavor. I untar the the binary and got installed on
/usr/local.

Now my problem is that when I start the command vncserver, I can not see
to go anywhere, I do a ps to see all processes and I can see them but
they disappear for some reason that I can understand. How can I get the
vncserver command to start the processes and those processes stay on if
I am going to be able to access the Linux bos from MY PC??.

When I attempt to logon from my PC I get the error " failed to connect
to server".
I have gone through the FAQ's but still can not get it to work.

Could anybody help me... please ... maybe there is a written procedure
or check list that I can have to follow and make sure I get this
running.

Thanks.
Mario Mira
ABM Industries.