starting vncserver

Mitchell Urquhart Open Systems Engineer mitch "at" kinley.com
Mon, 14 Dec 1998 19:03:31 +0000

That helps, but "vncserver" chokes looking for my vncpasswd file, because it
can't find it in the "current" path, which is
"/usr/local/sbin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin"  at boot time.   Can you
tell me where this "system-bootime-path" gets set, so I can add the path to
my VNC server (which is in a root accessable only directory...
/usr/X11R6/bin/Vnc/).   I'm afraid I am too new to Linux administration to
know how to change that yet ..... ;^).

... mitch

Ben Kosse wrote:

> What happens when you use full paths (i.e. /usr/X11R6/bin/vncserver)?
>
> --
> Ben Kosse
> bkosse "at" thecreek.com
> PC Support Analyst
> Coldwater Creek Inc.
> (208) 265-7114

Best regards,
Mitchell Urquhart
Kinley Corporation
713-664-4501
713-664-1037 (FAX)

   Mitchell Urquhart - Senior Open Systems Engineer
              mitch "at" kinley.com
   --- We are all excited and enthused by hope, ---
   --- But a true scientist waits for the data. ---