Windows CE server

Quentin Stafford-Fraser quentin "at" orl.co.uk
Mon, 14 Dec 1998 14:25:26 +0000

> I was wondering if any thoughts had been given to a CE
> server. The application would be to allow a desktop
> viewer to control a CE server in an embedded application
> of Windows CE.

There's no reason in theory why a Windows CE server couldn't be written.
However, doing it efficiently might be rather more difficult, because CE
doesn't support the Winows system hooks that we use in WinVNC to find out about
screen updates.

There may be other methods that could be used, but the absence of
SetWindowsHookEx() means that a straightforward port is not easy.

Quentin