VNC server isn't starting..

Ed Gardner Ed_Gardner "at" tellgroup.com
Sat, 12 Dec 1998 16:09:25 +0000

Ok so I found where it's looking for the window manager, but it's not
actually launching it. I've tried fvwm and twm.

I'll have to go to the office and make sure those are installed, but I'm
pretty sure they are.

If they're installed, what could be "causing" my problem. I have this
working fine on my linux box at home (RH 5.1), but the one at the office
has an identical setup and it's not launching the manager.

you wrote:

Well, there's a touch of confusion going on there. First, the XServer,
AFAIK, is not strictly used by VNC. What you're missing is the window
manager. Check to make sure that you actually have a window manager being
called by your X startup scripts.

Ed Gardner
Systems Analyst

The Telluride Group, Inc.
1387 Washington Street, Newton MA 02465

Tel: 617.527.8500 x141            Fax: 617.332.7184
Ed_Gardner "at" tellgroup.com      http://www.tellgroup.com