Exiting vncserver on Linux

Ben Kosse BKosse "at" thecreek.com
Fri, 11 Dec 1998 23:28:37 +0000

Just don't exit it. :)

The way to exit VNC is to do a 'vncserver -kill :<session>', not through the
window manager. Remember, while VNC displays X, it is *NOT* X. It is
designed to be accessed from many different places, potentially
simultaneously. Besides, you can actually start up a window manager from an
XTerm if you absolutely have to.

--
Ben Kosse
bkosse "at" thecreek.com