Uggg what a long 40 hrs this has been :c)

VNC-List VNC-List "at" ukc.ac.uk
Fri, 11 Dec 1998 11:48:18 +0000

In message <Pine.SO4.4.04.9812101045430.1075-100000 "at" kale> you wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Dec 1998, VNC-List wrote:
>
> >   Also, as the viewer can request what endianess the data is to be
> > sent in I don't see this as being the problem.
> >
> >   That and I didn't just test between an Intel and a Sparc :)
>
> This is why you didn't see any problem.  Between architectures with the
> same endianness, the colours will be fine (no swapping required).

  I get the same results if I run the viewer on an Intel machine.

> However, it appears that the coordinates for some of the update rectangles
> are getting swapped at one end and not un-swapped properly at the other,
> or vice versa.
> What happens if you specify -raw or -rre on the viewer command line?

  I get exactly the same results regardless of what compression options
I use (The example pic I referenced was done in 8 bit raw)  I also get
the same results regardless of what colourdepth I run it at as well.

Leo