KDE pros and cons

Christian Brunschen cb "at" df.lth.se
Fri, 11 Dec 1998 11:31:06 +0000

On Fri, 11 Dec 1998, James [Wez] Weatherall wrote:

> I second that.  I used amiwm for quite a while and it has a pretty much
> ideal layout as far as VNC is concerned.  Currently I use Afterstep, which
> works very well, despite the shaded gradients, so long as the screen
> background is plain.

You might try using Window Maker, which offers the same basic look and
feel (NeXT-ish), and which allows you to use whatever gradients you want,
including none at all (ie, single-color window decorations). This
compination works quite well for me, in fact. (Not to mention I find
gradients in window decorations unecessary. Not ugly - they can look very
nice - just unecessary.)

Oh, Window Maker can be found at http://www.windowmaker.org/ , of course.

> Cheers,
>
> James "Wez" Weatherall