Quentin Stafford-Fraser quentin "at" orl.co.uk
Fri, 11 Dec 1998 11:31:02 +0000

Just for fun, I've made the source of rfbcounter available on our web site.

This is perhaps the dumbest VNC server available - Tristan & I wrote it some
time ago just to show that a VNC server doesn't have to be big and complicated,
and that you can display things other than desktops!

Rfbcounter creates and updates a simple numeric counter.  It does so by
generating raw VNC protocol to produce the digits, and does not have a
framebuffer of its own.
We hope this might inspire people to do some more wacky things with VNC.

And no, we don't plan to provide any support for this whatsoever!

Dr Quentin Stafford-Fraser                   http://www.orl.co.uk/~qsf
ORL - The joint research lab of Olivetti & Oracle