RFBCounter

Quentin Stafford-Fraser quentin "at" orl.co.uk
Fri, 11 Dec 1998 11:31:02 +0000

Just for fun, I've made the source of rfbcounter available on our web site.

This is perhaps the dumbest VNC server available - Tristan & I wrote it some
time ago just to show that a VNC server doesn't have to be big and complicated,
and that you can display things other than desktops!

Rfbcounter creates and updates a simple numeric counter.  It does so by
generating raw VNC protocol to produce the digits, and does not have a
framebuffer of its own.
We hope this might inspire people to do some more wacky things with VNC.

http://www.orl.co.uk/vnc/rfbcounter.html

And no, we don't plan to provide any support for this whatsoever!

Quentin