to B an ENDIAN or not that is the Q.

Tim Hauber Tim_Hauber "at" STEV.net
Thu, 10 Dec 1998 14:02:08 +0000

vnc-list "at" orl.co.uk,Internet writes:
>Do you have access to a PowerPC based system? I think that PPC systems are
>big endian so you should be able to test that. I may try it with some of
>the
>macs up here at work tomorrow if I can. Of course, someone could make a
>fool
>out of me and tell me that PPC's aren't big endian. I wouldn't mind.

I am running both server and viewer on a Power Mac 6500, and both work
fine.  I do not know which endian the PPC is.

Tim Hauber, Southern Tier Electronic Valley

"Proximity to wonder has blunted our perception and appreciation of it"
--Tim Hartnell in 'Exploring ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE on your Commodore 64'