Uggg what a long 40 hrs this has been :c)

Thu, 10 Dec 1998 10:53:50 +0000

On Wed, 9 Dec 1998, VNC-List wrote:

>   Also, as the viewer can request what endianess the data is to be
> sent in I don't see this as being the problem.
>
>   That and I didn't just test between an Intel and a Sparc :)

This is why you didn't see any problem.  Between architectures with the
same endianness, the colours will be fine (no swapping required).
However, it appears that the coordinates for some of the update rectangles
are getting swapped at one end and not un-swapped properly at the other,
or vice versa.
What happens if you specify -raw or -rre on the viewer command line?

Cheers,

James "Wez" Weatherall
--
Olivetti & Oracle Research Laboratory, Cambridge, UK - Tel : 343000
Laboratory for Communications Engineering, Cambridge - Tel : -