Re(2): Uggg what a long 40 hrs this has been :c)

Tim Hauber Tim_Hauber "at" STEV.net
Wed, 09 Dec 1998 18:26:15 +0000

vnc-list "at" orl.co.uk,Internet writes:
>In message <Pine.NEB.4.05.9812081627300.10940-100000 "at" cloudy.nutech.com>
>you wrote:
>

>>  Ok for starts im running some not so common stuff.
>>
>> linux RH 5.2 running on a sparc classic 2
>>
>> and does anyone have any ideas on my scrambled display?
>
>  This seems to be a problem with running Linux on sparcs.
>I have a similar problem running Debian Linux on a Sparc 1.
>
>  By the looks of things the server is sending the information 'backwards'
>So the display ends up being mirrored left/right on the viewer (Letters
>end up being backwards and so on).  have a look at
>
>http://www.brighteyes.u-net.com/vnc.gif
>
>for an example.  The edges of the clock certainly seem to be mirrored if
>you take into account the fact that the information is sent across in
>small rectangular sections.
>
>  So the next question is... Anyone have any ideas why this is happening?
>
>Leo

Is this a big/little endian problem?

"Proximity to wonder has blunted our perception and appreciation of it"
--Tim Hartnell in 'Exploring ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE on your Commodore 64'