Uggg what a long 40 hrs this has been :c)

VNC-List VNC-List "at" ukc.ac.uk
Wed, 09 Dec 1998 17:59:05 +0000

In message <Pine.NEB.4.05.9812081627300.10940-100000 "at" cloudy.nutech.com> you wrote:

>  Ok for starts im running some not so common stuff.
>
> linux RH 5.2 running on a sparc classic 2
>
> and does anyone have any ideas on my scrambled display?

  This seems to be a problem with running Linux on sparcs.
I have a similar problem running Debian Linux on a Sparc 1.

  By the looks of things the server is sending the information 'backwards'
So the display ends up being mirrored left/right on the viewer (Letters
end up being backwards and so on).  have a look at

http://www.brighteyes.u-net.com/vnc.gif

for an example.  The edges of the clock certainly seem to be mirrored if
you take into account the fact that the information is sent across in
small rectangular sections.

  So the next question is... Anyone have any ideas why this is happening?

Leo