Blue Screen running VNC Server as service on NT4 -Fixed by SP3

Laine Stump lainestump "at" earthlink.net
Mon, 07 Dec 1998 21:29:00 +0000

Thanks to everyone for pounding me into submission/compliance. Installing
SP3 did eliminate the problem. That's what I get for "assuming" about the
effects of a piece of software. BTW, for those who wondered why I didn't
install SP3 to begin with: I have this superstition about SP3 (caused by
some long-forgotten problem I encountered the first time I installed it)
that leads me to install it as infrequently as possible. Of course, usually
I'm just using NT on a desktop machine, so I probably don't run into a lot
of the problems SP3 fixes.

Wow! Now an NT server can actually be administered remotely. Almost makes
it into an Operating System...