Win95 and tray icon

Josh Hults joshhults "at" uwplatt.edu
Sun, 06 Dec 1998 01:05:32 +0000

>Win 95/98 does not have services in the NT sense.  It's version of services
>are simply programs that are run independently of user session and are
>located in
>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
>
>Simon Dean

That's actually interesting to know.  Learn something new every day I guess :)  But at any rate, VNC isn't running there, so I still don't know what the problem is.  I am still not getting a tray icon when I run it the normal way.  I can pop up the settings if I use the -settings switch, but even then I still don't get a tray icon.  Any other suggestions anyone?
|         Software Design & Development/Network Consultant         |
|           U of Wisconsin-Platteville ResNet Department           |
| joshhults "at" usa.net              http://vms.www.uwplatt.edu/~hults |
| Home:   309 Wilgus Hall / Platteville, WI 53818 / (608) 342-3320 |
| Office: 112 Royce Hall  / Platteville, WI 53818 / (608) 342-1857 |