msvc[i]rt.dll...

A. Freed afreed "at" fcs.pvt.k12.pa.us
Thu, 03 Dec 1998 18:28:20 +0000

I know the subject of the msvc* file has been touched on in the past, but I
still have a few questions about it, now that I'm going to start automating
the install of the newest version across my network.

1) Is it msvcirt.dll, or msvcrt.dll that VNC updates? I've got both in my
System32 directory, and I can't figure out which I should be concerned
about.

2) What's the version number of the .dll file that VNC updates?

3) If I leave the old .dll file in the System32 directory, but place the
updated one in C:\Program Files\ORL\VNC, will VNC still use the correct
(newer) one for itself? I believe so, but I thought I'd make sure, first.

Many thanks!