VNC hoses Backup Exec 6.x on NT Server 4.0

Robert J. Brown rj "at"
Thu, 03 Dec 1998 16:47:59 +0000

    James> On Thu, 3 Dec 1998 paradise "at" wrote:
    >> Very strange indeed... but I noticed that as soon as I
    >> installed VNC on my Compaq Proliant 1500 NT Server, my Backup
    >> Exec backups stopped working. I went through 4 days of no
    >> backups before finally removing VNC and then presto... working
    >> backups!

    James> Peculiar.  Does Backup Exec work if you install VNC but
    James> don't actually do any remote connections at all?  (This is
    James> to establish whether it's the hooking that causes
    James> problems.)

Another experiment to perform is to first remove backup exec, then
install vnc, then re-install backup exec.  I know it sounds stupid,
but after all, win95 is *NOT* a stable platform.

--------  "And there came a writing to him from Elijah"  [2Ch 21:12]  --------
R. J. Brown III  rj "at"  voice 847 543-4060
Elijah Laboratories Inc. 457 Signal Lane, Grayslake IL 60030  fax 847 543-4061
-----  M o d e l i n g   t h e   M e t h o d s   o f   t h e   M i n d  ------

The VNC mailing list     -   see